Many thanks for your interest in being a part of The Perthshire Magazine. We are looking for local business owners, artists, service providers and producers of Perthshire products to contribute guest articles. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, or that would benefit your business, do get in touch. If you are looking to take out an advertisement with us please go to our Advertise page.
We are also open to suggestions and invitations for places to visit and events to report on. We are particularly looking for outdoor activities, special events, product launches and tourist attractions or accommodation to review. If you would like us to cover your event or business please email us at email@example.com using the subject line 'An Invitation to The Perthshire Magazine.'
If you would like to submit an article or an article proposal, please see the guidelines and terms below, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Contributing to The Perthshire Magazine.' We cannot accept articles (or adverts) through social media, though you may make an initial enquiry through these.
We also offer free event listings. Simply email us with a short description of your event and the date, time and location.
The magazine will be published on the first day of each month, beginning in April 2018. That means that the deadline for getting your articles in will be the 15th day of the month before. So for our June edition the deadline is May 15th etc.
For guest articles we would like a word count of between 600 and 1500 words. Please also send at least two high definition good quality photos (size is unimportant), but preferably more if you have them. It would be great if you could provide a short biography in the third person to introduce yourself to our readers. You can also let us know of any links or contact details you would like included at the end of your article. We cannot guarantee to publish any articles we are sent and it may be best to send an enquiry by email first. We always try to answer within a few days. Also, we are working several months ahead of time, so if your article is time sensitive you will need to get it to us well ahead of the month you'd like to see it published.
We are happy to support Perthshire businesses and creatives by featuring them in our magazine without charge. However, it would be much appreciated if you would help spread the word about us by informing your friends and contacts that you will be appearing in The Perthshire Magazine. There is also an option for you to display some flyers at your place of business. Some contributors have been kind enough to offer prizes or discounts for our readers. Please let us know if you would also be willing to do this.
terms and conditions
Most of this is just common sense, but we have to have it, so bear with us.
- The Perthshire Magazine will not own the rights to guest articles, but we do ask that if you republish it you mention us as where it was first published, just as a courtesy.
- We will own the rights to our Creative Perthshire interviews, however if you wish it to also appear elsewhere we’d be unlikely to refuse if asked nicely.
- We may or may not use the photos you provide in our article and social media, if we do we will credit you as the photographer.
- It is the Contributor's responsibility to ensure you have the rights to use any photos you send, and to let us know of any credits necessary. We cannot be held responsible for omission to do this.
- We reserve the right to make any editorial changes we think necessary.
- We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors or mistakes.
- It is the Contributor's responsibility to ensure any information sent is both factually correct and original.
- We are family friendly, politically, racially and religiously neutral, please bear this in mind in the content you send us.
- By submitting an article or proposal you are consenting to our communicating with you via email about your contribution. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose and will not be passed on to anyone else.